15 Sample Rd
+61 3 9999 1234
+61 3 9999 5678
+61 400 712 007
University of Kingston - UK
Bachelor of Engineering (Civils)
Monash University - Melbourne
MSc - Construction Management
Platforms: Oracle, SAP
Software: MS Windows 2000, MS Word 7, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Primavera P3
Member Chartered Institute of Engineers
Building & Structural
Towers & High Rise Buildings, Housing Complexes, Industrial complexes, Steel structures
Infrastructure - marine, roading and bridges
Co-ordinating with different resources in the projects to achieve smooth work performance.
Liaison with clients, Consultants, local Authorities, Sub contractors & Suppliers
Financial & Contracts Administration
Responsible for budgets, cost management, approval of claims of contract variation, bids and tenders
July 2004 – Present
Sample Construction Company – Indonesia
(include here, a brief description of company business/industry plus any pertinent facts/figures eg. One of the world’s largest construction companies in the heavy industrial sector)
- Preparing weekly, monthly and master work schedules and monitoring the actual progress against the schedules
- Reporting the monthly progress of the project to the senior management.· Leading a team of supervisors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the construction project which consisted of five 23 story high-rise buildings
- Co-ordinating with the project consultants on design development and construction details through fortnightly meetings
- Giving appropriate solutions to engineering problems that may occur
- Verifying the sub-contractors’ progress claims and carrying out final work measurements
August 2000 – March 2004
Al Taif Engineering and Contracting
- Delivered the project on time and budget
- Established a more efficient monthly progress reporting pack
(A Middle Eastern Company involved in building construction, high rises, shopping mall etc) Project Manager
Employed on a project in Riyadh K.S.A as the main contractor on an US$300 million building. The complex is divided into three buildings, the tower (300 metres), North Podium (Shopping Mall) and South Podium (Hotel).
- Reporting to a Project Director, main responsibilities have been associated with the tower, managing fit-out trades, the 120 metre steel sculpture and the external curtain walling. Also, Manager for the North Podium Shopping Mall, containing three floors of parking and 40,000 Msq of rental shopping areas. First eight months spent completing concrete structure. Final eight months completing defects, setting up and running Facilities Management team for the Client and resolving claims with the Client and major sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the management of direct labour, sub-contractors, co-ordination with the Client and his representatives.
- Introduced PRINCE2 as the main project management method
May 1994 – May 2000
ABC Corporation (Hong Kong)
(International Joint Venture)
July 1991 – April 1994
Melbourne Water, Australia
- Seconded from ABC Corporation to the Joint Venture on the construction of new Hong Kong passenger Terminal Building at Chek Lap Kok – approximate value HK$10 Billion. First year, (Processing Terminal & East Hall).
- Liaison with major sub contractor China Overseas Building, the client Airport Authority Hong Kong and design consultants, Mott Consortium.
- Second year, Works Manager, responsible for the overall management and co-ordination of design, manufacturing and installation of the various fit-out packages.
- Monitored the water supply, sewer and drainage system which ensured efficient operation was maintained. This included hydraulic and structural investigation of sewerage pump stations and sewer pipelines.
- Formed part of the Rehabilitation Team which was involved in the immediate crisis management during the collapse disasters.
- Co-ordination of an extensive inspection and assessment program using various visual and geotechnical techniques.
- Contingency plans and pre-emptive works were developed and was responsible for the project management of over $8Million of sewer rehabilitation works.
- Developed and implemented environmental performance management policies and programs
- Analysed developments in legislation, external policy and reviewed the performance of environmental management systems
- Participated in environmental audit and risk assessment projects
December 1988- June 1991
Track Monitoring Engineer
- Produced Environmental Management Plans for two major and 27 local Treatment Plants
- Managed environmental issues, utilised accepted procedures and practices with an understanding of and strong commitment to environmental excellence and best practice.
Prior to 1987
August 1986 – October 1988
Tarmac Construction, London, United Kingdom
Assistant Site Manager
- Carried out surveys, designs for drainage and vertical alignment and set out for upgrading of assets including level crossings, crossing work and tracks through platforms
- Provided surveying services to the Points and Crossings Gang and the Drainage Gang.
- Provided office and field assistance to the Senior Track Monitoring Engineer
- Part of a team which monitored and reported on conditions of rails and track in the metropolitan area.
- Devised checks for track clearances in the Underground Loop and monitored the removal of rail faults by computer
- Determined high rail wear locations and collated inspection and monitoring reports
- Ensured the co-ordination and programming of track monitoring cars and ultrasonic rail testing cars
- Assessed track geometry and conditions
November 1983 – April 1986
Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Supervision of staff, setting out, ordering materials, quality control, programming and liaison with the design team.
June 1978 – September 1983
Cornwall, United Kingdom
- General site engineering duties
(During Degree Studies)